Computer Center Genealogy Workshops
All Classes Will Be $10 Per Session Per Person
1. Introduction to Genealogy Saturday January 11, 2014 9am-1pm
Learn what you need to get you started and get organized.
2. Searching Courthouse Records Saturday February 8, 2014 9am-1pm
Learn how to search for records and to write to clerks to request records.
3. Census Records Part I 1790-1840 Saturday March 8, 2014 9am-1pm
Learn what information is available from these early census records.
4. Census Records Part II 1850-1900 Saturday April 12, 2014 9am-1pm
We will look at how the census records changed starting in 1850 and the wealth of information in them.
5. Census Records Part III 1910-1940 Saturday May 10, 2014 9am-1pm
We will look at how the population changed dramatically from 1910-1940 and how it affected our ancestors.
6. Census Records Part IV Saturday June 14, 2014 9am-1pm
We will look at 1890 Veteran’s Census, the Mortality Schedules for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1885-(State and Federal), and the 1850 and 1860 Slave Schedules.
7. Searching for Your Military Ancestors Saturday July 12, 2014 9am-1pm
We will teach you where to look and how to request records from the National Archives and the different heritage organizations associated with your ancestor’s military service.
8. Searching the Internet for Your Ancestors Saturday August 9, 2014 9am-1pm
You will learn the techniques for searching the internet for information, the proper way to process the information and all the available free and pay sites for research.
9. Published County Histories and Family Histories Saturday Sept 13, 2014 9am-1pm
You will learn where to find these useful books and utilize the information available.
10. Documenting and Sources for Your Genealogy Saturday Oct 11, 2014 9am-1pm
You will how to properly source all the information you have compiled for your family history.
We will feature guest speakers for many of the classes who are experts in their field to assist you in your quest.